Purpose: The purpose of this Professional Advisory Committee is to provide leadership and insight on Native history, traditions, values and culture that will help establish and refine Boys & Girls Clubs of America’s systems and methods of service to assure the greatest benefit possible for our Native organizations.
Terms of Appointment: 2 years
- Provide input to Native Services on training and professional development needs for Club professionals and volunteers of Clubs serving Native youth.
- Serve as faculty, trainers or speakers for Native training events.
- Share information on programming needs of Clubs.
- Provide input on issues facing Native Youth. Support the identification of resources to further BGCA services to Native Youth that will support new and existing Native Clubs.
Duties/Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participate in one face-to-face and two conference call NAC meetings held each year.
- Participate on one sub-committee identified by NAC
- Participate on monthly sub-committee calls
- Support the overall work of BGCA and promote the Movement-wide strategic direction throughout Indian Country.
- Identify possible sponsors and share with BGCA to securing their support.
Structure: 14 members
Meetings per year: One face to face meeting and two conference calls