Operation S.A.F.E. (Sustainability and Financial Effectiveness) Futures
The Allstate Foundation has established a partnership with Boys & Girls Clubs of America that is focused on promoting the sustainability and financial effectiveness of Boys & Girls Clubs in Indian Country. Ten Native American organizations* have been selected to participate in this initiative. Each partnering Club will receive a capacity-building stipend in the amount of $30,000 over the 3 year grant period (April 2005 - April 2008) and additional technical assistance from their BGCA Regional Service Center. This opportunity is made possible through the generosity of The Allstate Foundation in support of Boys & Girls Clubs of America. Upon receipt of the grant funds, each Club will participate in the following activities:
- Work with their Regional Service Director to advance by one SOE level within 3 of the SOE categories over the three-year grant period.
- Develop a Strategic Plan (or review and improve existing plans).
- Complete a Job Classification & Compensation Program (JCCMP).
- Serve an additional 100 youth over the three-year grant period.
- Participate in Project Learn.
- Participate in professional development trainings and distance learning opportunities.
- Each site will work with The Allstate Foundation to publicize and market the partnership.
- Each Native American site will develop a written collaboration partnership plan with a tribal or community-based college or local college/advanced educational institution building education opportunity awareness for Native American youth.
- In collaboration with Allstate, develop opportunities for local, and/or area, Allstate representatives to become involved in serving or marketing the organization participating in service opportunities such as BGCA’s National Kids Day.
- Utilize and test the Quest online system.
- Complete the Workplace of Excellence Survey.
The following lists the ten Boys & Girls Club organizations selected:
The Boys & Girls Clubs of the Glacial Lakes, SD
Boys & Girls Clubs of Three Affiliated Tribes, ND
Boys & Girls Clubs of Green Country, OK
Acoma Boys & Girls Club, NM
Boys & Girls Club of Northern New Mexico, NM
Pojoaque Boys & Girls Club, NM
Kickapoo Boys & Girls Club, KS
Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Scottsdale, AZ
Boys & Girls Club of the East Valley, AZ
Boys & Girls Club of King County, WA