Thank you for participating in the joint BGCA – Verizon project in support of the Native Clubs and the Bureau of Indian Education Dormitory Schools! Through this project, trainers from Boys & Girls Clubs will work with BIE Dormitory parents and staff to utilize Nokia tablets with BGCA programming.
The following are program options provided through BGCA:
My.Future Essentials is a foundational digital literacy program created by BGCA. Through the partnership between BGCA’s Native Services Unit and Verizon, the curriculum was reviewed to provide Native Clubs with an adaptation of the curriculum that is more reflective of Native culture. Local Clubs have the ability to create their own supplemental activities that reflect their culture and traditions.
• Click here to learn about the big ideas and anticipations for this grant related to cultural storytelling.
• Click here to access the My.Future website.
• Click here to download the My.Future Adaptation.
Check out some cultural videos!
• Dorm Setup Spreadsheet – Dorm Supervisors, complete this and e-mail to your BGC contact
• Reference Guide for Administrators – How to create and manage your Dorm account
• Reference Guide for Dorm Leaders – How to create and manage “classes” of students
DIY STEM is a project-based, hands-on set of activities through which participants experiment with electricity, light and other aspects of “do it yourself”, or DIY, science.
Click here to download the Native Adaptation.