The Harry Chapin Foundation, founded in 1981, has one mission: to make a positive difference in communities across the country. They support non-profit organizations who continually make a difference in the lives of individuals. The Foundation supports organizations with the following:
- Community Education Programs that identify community needs and mobilizes resources to meet them while fostering social and economic justice.
- Arts in Education Programs and other approaches to educating young people through creative mediums.
- Environmental Programs that promote a safe and sustainable environment.
Applications are a brief written proposal to the Foundation’s Executive Director, Leslie Ramme. A complete proposal includes:
- History of your organization (it is strongly recommended that the organization or program be in existence for at least one year);
- Program Statement – the problem you are attempting to address;
- Objectives – the goals of your program;
- Method – your plan to reach the objectives;
- Evaluation – how will you know how effectively you have addressed the problems presented in the program statement;
- Future funding – describe how the program will be funded in the future if it is successful;
- Tax Exempt Status – grants are only made to 501 (c)(3) organization. A copy of this determination must be included with your application;
- Budget – a budget for the program requiring funding. If this is part of a larger organization, then a budget for the entire organization will need to be included. Certified audit of the financial statements will need to be submitted if your organization revenues exceed $150,000.
Visit the Harry Chapin Foundation’s Focus and Guidelines resource to learn more about this opportunity, including how to apply.
Amount: Up to $10,000