Apply today to be a VISTA member at a Native Boys & Girls Club starting this November! The Boys & Girls Club in Indian Country AmeriCorps*VISTA Project provides a unique opportunity to work at a Boys & Girls Club and participate in Native cultures throughout the country.
What You Need to Know:
- A VISTA serves for 365 days on a full-time basis!
- Participating Boys & Girls Clubs are located in various locations throughout the country. You choose where you would like to serve.
- For each year-long term of service you receive a relocation allowance, a monthly living allowance, healthcare benefits, and the choice of either a $5,700 Segal Education Award OR an end-of-service stipend.
- VISTAs help a Native Club by building capacity by assisting with program development, fundraising, and the recruitment of youth and volunteers.
- Be part of AmeriCorps*VISTA’s 50 year legacy to create solutions to poverty!
- Attend a training in Dallas, TX!
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and able to pass a fingerprint/criminal history check.
VISTA members range in age and come from varying backgrounds and walks of life. One VISTA member relocated from Texas to Colorado, and was given the opportunity to speak during the VISTA 50th Anniversary program at the National Museum of the American Indian about her experiences serving as a VISTA. Another VISTA, in Arizona, grew up attending the Boys & Girls Club where she now serves; she had the opportunity to travel to Washington D.C. to attend the first ever Gen-I Tribal Youth Gathering at the White House. VISTAs have often continued to work in a Club following their service year. Opportunity abounds with the VISTA program!